Looking for volunteer opportunities during this virtual time?
We’re thrilled so many in our community are looking for ways to stay involved and remain active during the pandemic. We’ve identified volunteer opportunities that can be done while physically distancing as well as ways you can help remotely from your home.
- Grounds Work – Help on the grounds at Gilda’s Club with planting, trimming, weeding, etc. We are scheduling very few volunteers for the same shift to make it easy to work in different areas outside and avoid face-to-face interactions.
- Card Making – Create handmade cards with thinking of you, thank you and bereavement messaging. Cards can be made remotely from your home then mailed to or placed in a drop box at Gilda’s Club.
- Knit/Sew/Quilt – Create handmade ‘COVID care’ items to be given to Gilda’s Club adult and children members. Ideas include face coverings, chemo caps, lap blankets, shawls, scarves, tooth and hair pouches.
- Phone Calls – Assist in our fundraising efforts and in saying thank you to donors. Script and training provided. Calls can be made remotely from your home.
- Remote Office Projects – Assist staff directly with project work. Opportunities may include assisting with planning for upcoming virtual events.
- Virtual Programming Facilitation – Lead a virtual session or series over Zoom or on social media. Potential topics include visual art, crafts, music, yoga, journaling, book club, etc.
Other ideas you have for how to help are welcomed!
To get started, please contact Gilda’s Club Volunteer Manager, Ben, at [email protected].