Who We Are
We are a breast cancer support group primarily for women of color (all women are welcome). We believe a higher power joins us together and gives us strength.
We are Sisters of faith looking to support new Sisters who are living with a breast cancer diagnosis. We want to help you learn to live with breast cancer as we have. We are here for you on your journey.
We are women reaching out to women of color to inspire, embrace, nurture, and heal the spirits of those who have been impacted by breast cancer.
Want to Learn More? Click here to download the brochure.
How We Can Help
You don’t have to do this alone. There is life after a breast cancer diagnosis. We know because we’ve been there.
The Sister-to-Sister Breast Cancer Group offers:
- Breast health navigation-support, education, and referral guidance for your medical journey
- Emotional support-encouragement, prayers, and a caring shoulder
- Social support-networking, friendship, and fun at special community events throughout the year, noted on our Sister-to-Sister Annual Calendar*
*Please contact us for a copy of our annual calendar ($10 donation welcomed).
How You Can Reach Us
If you or someone you know needs the Sisters, please call, email
or come to a meeting at Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids. There are no fees.
We welcome you with open arms.
Sister-to-Sister Breast Cancer Support Group
Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids
1806 Bridge Street NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Minority Program Coordinator: Tracey Whiting
Come Meet With Us
- We meet the first Monday of every month (Sept-June), 6-8 pm
- We gather for lunch the third Wednesday of every month (year-round), Noon-2 pm
All Meetings Are Held At:
Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids, 1806 Bridge Street NW, 49504
The Sister-to-Sister Breast Cancer Support Group is pleased to partner with Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids, a free cancer and grief support community. We encourage all Sisters, along with their family and friends, to join Gilda’s Club for the many additional program activities available to families living with any kind of cancer or grief. Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids provides free support groups, lectures and workshops, and social activities where members learn, share, and laugh together.