Social Distance Volunteering:
- Grounds Work – Help on the grounds with mowing, trimming, planting, weeding, etc. at Gilda’s Club. Staff will connect remotely with volunteers beforehand and leave out supplies for volunteers, who will be scheduled on a staggered rotation to ensure safe social distancing. Opportunities include the ‘adoption’ of one of our raised bed gardens. People living in the same household may volunteer together if desired.
- Card Making – Create handmade cards with thinking of you, thank you and bereavement messaging. Cards can be made remotely from your home then mailed to or placed in a drop box at Gilda’s Club.
- Knit/Sew/Quilt – Create handmade ‘COVID care’ items to be given to Gilda’s Club adult and children members. Ideas include face coverings, chemo caps, lap blankets, shawls, scarves, tooth and hair pouches, etc. Phone
- Calls – Assist in our fundraising efforts and in saying thank you to donors. Script and training provided. Calls can be made remotely from your home.
- Remote Office Projects – Assist staff directly with project work. Opportunities may include assisting with planning for upcoming virtual events.
- Virtual Programming Facilitation – Lead a virtual session or series over Zoom or on social media. Topics include visual art, crafts, music, yoga, journaling, book club, etc.
Let us know your ideas and we’ll work with you to come up with a plan. Other ideas you have for how to help are welcomed!
We also encourage you to explore ways you can help support work being done by other great organizations in town. For more details and to let us know you are interested, please contact Gilda’s Club Volunteer Manager, Ben, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in Volunteering when the clubhouse reopens?
With over 10,000 visits to our free cancer & grief support programs each year, there are many opportunities for volunteers to get involved!
- Provide/assist with meals
- Gardening & yard work
- Youth Program Assistant
- Program Instructor
- Desk Receptionist
- Social Events
- Shopping and Errands
Questions or want more information about how you or your group can get involved?
Contact Ben Mepham at email@example.com or 616.453.8300 x121.
Click the button below to sign up for an upcoming orientation.
To learn more, view our Volunteer Handbook