Gilda's Club Grand Rapids - Position Posting – Program Director
Gilda's Club Grand Rapids is a free emotional health support community where children and adults, families and friends, find their smiles and laughter in the midst of a cancer or grief journey.
The Program Director is responsible for clinical oversight of staff and program; Program direction in the delivery of our cancer, grief and psychosocial health programs for children and adults; Community relations and partnerships development with medical community and social service agencies.
The Program Director will utilize his/her clinical skills, adapted to the Gilda's Club Program philosophy, in their role as trainer, supervisor and group facilitator.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Program Director will be a member of the leadership team and will plan and direct the day-to-day activities of the Gilda's Club emotional health support program. Working collaboratively throughout the organization, the Program Director will take the lead to ensure that program efforts are consistent with and supportive of Gilda's Club Grand Rapids' overall strategic plan and vision to serve as a beacon for the provision of emotional healthcare support for children, adults, families, and friends on a cancer or grief journey.
Essential responsibilities for the Program Director position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and handle all aspects of the day-to-day activities of our emotional health support program;
- Talent management, including oversight of hiring, onboarding, professional development and clinical/managerial supervision of program staff;
- Provide oversight to staff assigned to recruiting, training, coordinating and evaluating program volunteers;
- Facilitate designated cancer/grief support groups with Gilda's Club philosophy, including two to three evenings a week;
- Participate in and serve as Gilda's Club representative for specific community collaborative, partnerships, other;
- Facilitate designated cancer and/or grief support groups;
- Serve in an active participation role with staff as possible in community activities, and clubhouse programs for the overall wellbeing of members;
- Maintain strong relationships with affiliates and Cancer Support Community (CSC) and help ensure program requirements are met/exceeded;
- Actively serve as part of leadership team, modeling corporate culture, managing program in a fiscally responsible way, other;
- Other duties as assigned
Direct reports will include: Program Manager; Gilda's Club Volunteer Coordinator, Minority Program Coordinator
Qualifications: Ideal and successful candidate will possess:
- Licensed Master's level degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of post-graduate experience, including both clinical and administrative/management experience.
- Demonstrated sensitivity, understanding and commitment to the Gilda's Club mission, core values (i.e., respect, integrity, commitment to human services, and excellence), and program (acceptance of Gilda's Club philosophy).
- Knowledge of the local community, cancer support services, and organizations for outreach efforts.
- A history of working with diverse populations and a commitment to increasing diversity among staff and members.
- A track record of being an effective trainer, oral and written communicator, and experienced leader
- Computer literacy.
The successful candidate will be:
- A visionary and empathic leader committed to Gilda's Club mission and excited about its growth and potential.
- People/team oriented with outstanding ability to connect with others, convey sensitivity and show empathy, compassion, warmth and grace
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and able to handle many projects and people at once.
- A good listener and problem solver.
- A hard worker with a high energy level willing to work flexible hours.
- A motivated self-starter of integrity who is committed to service and excellence.
- A team player who is flexible and creative.
- Emotionally mature and self-confident, with sound judgment and a good sense of humor.
- Able to complement the team of staff and volunteers currently in place.
- Passion for the mission of emotional health and for supporting families living with cancer and grief is a must.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with education and professional experience relevant to the position and the organization; comprehensive benefits package. Email cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls, mail or personal inquiries.
Click here for a pdf of the above information.
Gilda's Club Grand Rapids - Position Posting – Part-Time Housekeeper for Lowell Clubhouse
The Housekeeping Staff member is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the interior of the Clubhouse, ensuring that the environment is clean, safe and inviting for members and volunteers. As a contracted member of the Gilda's Club Grand Rapids Team, employee will be responsible for working with all members of the team to develop and maintain a supportive, communicative, and productive environment.
The position's responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following job functions:
Weekly tasks (Tuesday mornings)
- Sanitize tables and chairs
- Sweep and steam mop all floors
- Vacuum Carpet
- Shake out and vacuum rugs
- Disinfect and clean bathrooms
- Disinfect kitchen and back area
- Empty trashes
- Set out healthy snacks for members to eat Tuesdays
- Tend to messes and maintain on overall calm, clean and welcoming environment for members
- Remove spots on the carpet
- Dust house, shelves, artifacts, lamps
- Dust baseboards and vacuum around corners of rooms, furniture, etc.
- Wash out refrigerators
- Straighten up/organize closets
- Clean off walls (magic eraser – spot check)
- Purchase supplies as needed (paper towel, coffee, toilet paper, hand soap, etc.)
- Tidy up and disinfect parlor desk area, parlor, kiosks
- Disinfect toys
Other special tasks may be assigned throughout the year as needed and as weekly time permits.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please no calls, mail or personal inquiries.